• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Qs: Attaching heatercore and changing pump inlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deviantflux

how does one usually attach the radiator to the case? I am planning on placing my rad at the top of the case, so would I just take about 4 long threaded bolts and run them through the radiator, securing them with bolts atop the case?

I have an eheim 1250 and have read that changing the inlet barb to a larger diameter increases throughput of the pump. How would I go about changing the barb and where can I get other barbs to increase the diameter on my reservoir?

You can also drill through the outermost fins on a heatercore and rivet it in place. The outermost fins do not carry water. Be careful when drilling not to puncture the inner fins, however, because they will be carrying water.

If this scares you, just go pick up some 4-40 threaded rod, AKA all-thread. You should be able to get this and nuts/washers at any hardware store.

ILikeMy240sx said:
Yes you can use long threaded bolts to secure it to the top of the case...

I believe 1250s use 1/2 thread size but i might be wrong. Increase your intake size to 5/8 if youd like. These barbs can be found @ www.usplastic.com

The stock intake of an Eheim 1250 is 17mm or 3/4". Don't reduce it to 5/8" thinking it's an upgrade. ;)

FIZZ3 said:

The stock intake of an Eheim 1250 is 17mm or 3/4". Don't reduce it to 5/8" thinking it's an upgrade. ;)

Oh I was not aware of the fact that stock inlet is 3/4". Thanx for the heads up. I think it would be almost impossible to fit a 1/2ID tubing over 3/4 barb so I guess 5/8 is more practical...

deviantflux said:
how does one usually attach the radiator to the case? I am planning on placing my rad at the top of the case, so would I just take about 4 long threaded bolts and run them through the radiator, securing them with bolts atop the case?

I use 3mm stud and push that through the fins. If your careful it will be ok.

Back