• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling Deepcool Genome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anarchoi

Registered
I'm building a new very high end computer and planning to get the deepcool genome case.

It comes with a prebuilt closed loop CPU water cooling, but not sure if i can expect high quality from a water cooling loop worth less than $300 including the price of the case. On newegg, a few people have commented that the loop was leaking after a while.

I would really prefer to use my own custom loop water cooling loop, with reliable pump/rad brands like XSPC, Swiftech or the like. At least i will be sure of the quality and i can properly leak test it. It would also allow me to use a water block without having two separate WC system with their own pump/rad, so less noise for me.

So now i'm trying to find a way to mod the case to use a custom WC, but i want to keep the same reservoir because the helix looks awesome and i love how it is built in front of the case.

I've googled it and found some interessing information here: http://mnpctech.com/deepcool-genome-gamerstorm-mid-tower-atx-gaming-case-review.html
You can't remove the tubing on the radiator or water block, but the reservoir has G-1/4 threaded barbs, so you could swap it out. The 1/2" O.D. black rubber tubing would need to be cut. It's permanently attached to all of the barb connections in the loop.
genome_deepcool_captain_helix_reservoir_thread_fitting_radiator_waterblock_gamerstorm_ces_2016_bill_owen_mnpctech7.jpg

So what kind of fittings and tubing would i need ? The black rubber tubing sucks, it's ugly and too small, i would prefer glowing "blood red" tubing or maybe just solid tubings, but i want to see through it.

Also, it looks like i will also have to change the radiator because i can't remove the tubing. So how can i know which replacement radiator would fit in ? I currently have a spare 360mm XSPC radiator but it may be too big to fit in. I don't mind about buying a new radiator, as long as i can confirm it will fit in !

genome_deepcool_radiator_size_space_captain_helix_reservoir_bill_owen_mnpctech8.jpg

Any thoughts ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you measure the XSPC rad you have against the rad that came with the case? Check the clearance with the MB installed for example. Should give you a good idea what fits and what doesn't. If its too thick, check out the 30mm Alphacool's ST30 rads.

Also try doing searches of said case with custom cooling loops done to it but know its a fairly new case so it might be tough finding examples.

As for custom kits, you could either buy each one individually from reputed custom water cooling companies or buy kits from XSPC and the likes. Usually buying it individually is best way to go about this.

If you haven't yet, have a read in our water cooling stickies to get more of the basics if you haven't yet as well.

Have you measure the XSPC rad you have against the rad that came with the case? Check the clearance with the MB installed for example. Should give you a good idea what fits and what doesn't. If its too thick, check out the 30mm Alphacool's ST30 rads.

Also try doing searches of said case with custom cooling loops done to it but know its a fairly new case so it might be tough finding examples.

As for custom kits, you could either buy each one individually from reputed custom water cooling companies or buy kits from XSPC and the likes. Usually buying it individually is best way to go about this.

If you haven't yet, have a read in our water cooling stickies to get more of the basics if you haven't yet as well.
I don't have the case, i haven't bought it yet. I want to make sure i can use a custom WC loop with it

I did search on google for information about people using it with custom WC loops but i haven't found anything revelant :( As you said it is a new case so there's not much information available

I already understand the basics of water cooling, i already have built 2 custom loops and ready for another one :D

I'm a little bit worried about the metal type used in the reservoir, i heard you can't mix different metal types or it will make corrosion, especially if copper is involved like the Alphacool rad ? I guess i should contact the manufacturer to ask what type of metal is used

I already understand the basics of water cooling, i already have built 2 custom loops and ready for another one :D

:thup:

I'm a little bit worried about the metal type used in the reservoir, i heard you can't mix different metal types or it will make corrosion, especially if copper is involved like the Alphacool rad? I guess i should contact the manufacturer to ask what type of metal is used

Yeah. Just make sure there isn't any aluminum involved. You could mix the other metals like copper, brass, etc but have a good clear fluid for the loop that has biocide and corrosive inhibitors already mixed.

Back