• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7333R cd drive on raid channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

Hi, I want to add more optical drives to my comp. Preferably a DVD burner. The problem is, I have 2 HDD(160 gig and 30 gig) and 2 optical's on it allready. HDD's Pri master and slave and optical's same on sec. I think I read something about not connecting a atapi item to the raid. Does that mean I can't add more? That was my whole reason to get the raid board was to have more drive capability. I have all the HDD I will need for a long time.

Any help would be appreciated

I think a while ago i had my cdrom on my raid channel. You can try it, nothing bad would really happen. The best way to sucess is trial and error.

In my own opinion the KX7-333R is better than the NF7-S, only if it had SATA and AGP 8x, ahhh that would be great.

All HighPoint BIOS revisions from 1.11.0402 & up for the HP370/372 RAID Controller do not support ATAPI devices. You can move the HDDs to the RAID Controller to free up your IDE Controllers, if you can get it to boot.

Back