• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it my CPU, Memory, or other?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

I can't seem to get my system stable at anything over my current overclock (see sig). Any suggestions?? memory voltage is at stock too...

And my temps are good:
~35°C idle
~45°C load

Well it looks like you will need force to get it to cooperate. I say pin-mod it to 400 and see how it likes dem apples!:cool:

Ummm, not too sure what a pin-mod is but from the sounds of it, I don't think I wanna be messin' around in 'dem pins! haha

if your memory is cas 2, try changing your memory timings to 6-2-2-2.0, 7-2-2-2.0, or 11-2-2-2.0. You might also increase your vcore some. I'd also recommend increasing your vdimm voltage and chipset voltage. I had no problem running my unlocked Barton 2500 at 3200 speeds (11 x 200) on my NF-7s.

Any Asus gurus please stand up-

Well, actually, now that I think about it, I've tried changing the mem Vcore and it didn't make any difference but I havn't tried much messing with the slower timings (11-2-2-2).
But what I'm thinking, if I have to slow my timings to get to 200 fsb (only a 4mhz increase!) will it REALLY ACTUALLY even give me a performance boost since it seems that I am near my oc'ing limits anyway so more than 200mhz on the fsb kinda seems outta the picture... HAha, maybe this isn't even worth my time worrying about and I should just be happy with the overclock that I actually DID get out of it.
It just bugs me 'cause I know SOOOOO many other people with very similar systems have achieved this and I am struggling like hell to get to 200x11! Maybe I just suck...:cool:

BAH, why didn't I just spend the extra $15 for a frickin NF7-S?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad: :mad: :mad:

will it REALLY ACTUALLY even give me a performance boost since it seems that I am near my oc'ing limits anyway so more than 200mhz on the fsb kinda seems outta the picture...

L12 that SOB and show em who is boss.

BTW the L12 is what us NF7ers use to get past 220-230mhz. It is almost a requirement to achive that.

Pinmod is a sneaky way to short out certian bridges and force it to operate at a default setting other than stock. Ive done it myself. Its very effective as long as you read the directions carefully, and know what view you are looking at.

Here's the right setup

"Socket View"
"Barton"
"FSB Selection = 200mhz"

Linky: http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Back