• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Color should I paint my Water Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I have been tring to get my watercooling setup, setup for a LONG time now and I am Very close.

I have all the parts and have laid them out, but I want it to look good as well so i was going to paint the MDF box that I made to house the W/C setup (which is currently holding me back)
I want to finish the project and get back to O/Cing, but I am unable to make a descision :cry:

Please make suggestions on what color would go well with a PC60 with red lights.

Here are my current options (not final)
Silver,
Black,
White,
Clear Coat of Epoxy (slightly yellow when very thick)

Thanks for the help

Silver.

You can get some metalic stuff, it comes out super nice. I have used it and really liked it.

OSHA safety yellow. For three reasons.

1) It's a real eye catcher. You want people to notice your work right?
2) No-one else has used it.
3) The yellow looks awesome with brushed aluminum and red lights (just ask Lotus).

Of course, once you've attracted all that attention, you'll need a window to save opening it all the time to show your buds....

Diggrr said:
OSHA safety yellow. For three reasons.

1) It's a real eye catcher. You want people to notice your work right?
2) No-one else has used it.
3) The yellow looks awesome with brushed aluminum and red lights (just ask Lotus).

Of course, once you've attracted all that attention, you'll need a window to save opening it all the time to show your buds....

LOL! Make sure you STAND it on a comfy rubber mat. And what are these 'buds' you are refering too? Is this hydroponics?

Cheers! :D

Sorry Guys I have already started painting it,
It looks really good right now so I am thinking about putting another thick coat of paint on each (as sandman said) and put it together so that you guys can see it.

Back