• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go Back Nightmare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boosaman

After finally having my new system built and running, I noticed that the switching of hard drives had confused Go Back 3.2. I tried to remove it (without backing up the drives--big mistake). I could not remove it. Windows XP wouldn't remove it. I tried using the Go Back disk and typing "/u"after set up, as indicated on various support sites, and that didn't do it.

I finally tried to remove any mention of Goback in the Windows Registry. Big mistake. As a result, I had to reinstall Windows (which was a nightmare) and ended up losing data in my second hard drive.

And I still can't get rid of all vestiges of Goback. When I boot the computer, the computer goes into Windows, and I still get an error message that the computer can't find "goback.rxc" When I try to reinstall Goback, it says that it can't find the device or something like that.

I would like to remove Goback forever. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Try cleaning the registry using Registry Mechanic; it may hopefully find and remove these "orphaned" references to GoBack.

well if ya ready to do a format again don't forget to do a fdisk/mbr and clan the mbr also. I'm notvery sure but mabye that go back keep it's data in the mbr area too. well I've to dig into this mater reding more about that software. I've a copy of that so i'll go thorught he help and see any help for you

Back