• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new Geil pc4400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wanab

hi all, i'm builing my first system and wanted to know if anybody has any experiance with the new ram. seem like most peeps likes the pc 4000. :) seems like alot alot of good folks in here that are willing to help. thanks!

ya i got a couple sticks on the way. picked up a albe px865proII, 2.8c, and a 480 Thermtake. from the looks of it it may have been more fun to get my hands on one of them rocket 2.4c. ;)

Geil is GOOD!!!

I hope i can post this here????? Well i just purchased the pc3200xl from corsair. and now i have extra memory lying around.

I bought this from newegg 45 days ago

Geil PC4200 Platnium series 1GIG DUAL CHANNEL KIT
Geil PC4400 Platnium series 1GIG DUAL CHANNEL KIT

The memory performed very well on my machines but i have got rid of 2 of them and i have extra memory,

Last edited:
Yeah that should be posted in the classifieds. Edit your post before someone comes in here and starts lecturing you.

some people love geil just teh GD sucks...afaik

BTW speed PC u better edit that out now if u want to stay on the forums much longer...i have already got banned once for something like that (i made a comment in the CF)

I got the Geil PC4400, works like a dream unlike their earlier models. No problems yet, xcept they put the thermal probe sticker on the wrong side for my system :p. Seriously recommend it!

EwoutvB said:
I got the Geil PC4400, works like a dream unlike their earlier models. No problems yet, xcept they put the thermal probe sticker on the wrong side for my system :p. Seriously recommend it!
does geil have thermal probe connections????

It all depends on your rig!!!! On my IC7Max3 3.0C chipset 240fsb 1:1 2.5/7/3/3 2.9v was all i could get. My IS7 2.4C 250fsb 1:1 2.5/8/4/4 2.8v was all i could get. the results very with different setups. hope this helps.

AudiMan said:
Maybe that explains why it's so cheap.

Yea, maybe cuss thier junk memory, I order a 1gb 2x512mb pc3200 duel channle golden dragon kit, back when 1gb was only $200, and it wouldnt run duel channle and it wouldn run 200fsb on single, i rmad it agot another one and it did the same thing. So i just ended up keeping my pc2700 sticks and buying another samsung stick just 512mb and pc3200.

Back