• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MemTest succeeds, Windows fails

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oren

I've tested my HyperX PC3000 (supposedly BH-5) with MemTest86+ several times, and I can run it at 220MHz with 2-2-2-5 and GAT set to F1 (which enables PAT). Overnight, there's not even a single error. However, when I run Windows with this configuration, it crashes after a minute or two. Windows even crashes at 200MHz and with no F1 (PAT disabled)!

What can be the reason for this? I'm bewildered. I thought that if MemTest loops fine for a long period of time, then that means that the memory is stable.

mayb increasing your Vdimm should help memtest isnt putting stress like windows does...also if that works try prime95 ...or mayb u need to reinstall windows ...u might have some corrupt system files

Sophisticated said:
mayb increasing your Vdimm should help memtest isnt putting stress like windows does...also if that works try prime95 ...or mayb u need to reinstall windows ...u might have some corrupt system files

I was also thinking there may be a problem with Windows, but then realized that if there was one, then it would manifest also when I'm running at 2-3-2-6 and not just in 2-2-2-5.

Back