• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need help bad/ burning up my vtt pot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

i already put this in the volt mod section,but since it has to do with memory, im hoping someone can help me out.. here's my prob... i have done 5 mods on my ic7.. vdimm/vtt/vagp/vddq and exta capacitors.. everything checks out ok xcept my vtt mod. the vtt ups the termination voltage - 1/2 of memory, to help stability at hi voltages. abit are legendary for having low vtt voltage and this helps alot, however i keep BURNING UP MY POTS.. everytime i start upping the voltage to vtt. Im stumped.. can anyone help? thnx flapperhead

flapperhead said:
i already put this in the volt mod section,but since it has to do with memory, im hoping someone can help me out.. here's my prob... i have done 5 mods on my ic7.. vdimm/vtt/vagp/vddq and exta capacitors.. everything checks out ok xcept my vtt mod. the vtt ups the termination voltage - 1/2 of memory, to help stability at hi voltages. abit are legendary for having low vtt voltage and this helps alot, however i keep BURNING UP MY POTS.. everytime i start upping the voltage to vtt. Im stumped.. can anyone help? thnx flapperhead

double the rating on the pots and try again..thats WATTAGE

Back