• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help ocing my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr_g

Registered
hey guys im trying to oc my "scorpius" pc a little. still kinda new to this but i want to run my ram at its rated specs 2000mhz. right now the bus is at 200 and the multiplier is at 20. my ht and nb is at 2000mhz. the ram is 1600mhz. the only volts i changed are the ram which is at 1.6v, the cpu nb vid control +.5v, and cpu voltage control +.5v. the cpu nb vid and cpu voltage is +.5v from the stock setting. this is the current setting i have now, are my volts totally way off?. i tried the bus at 250, multiplier at 16, ht and nb multiplier at 8, and ram multipler at x8. also i left cpb at 2000mhz. it just keeps saying there is an error and it goes back to mobo ram default which is at 1066mhz. which voltages do i have to increase for it to post and log onto windows desktop? do i just keep upping the voltages for the cpu nb vid control and cpu voltage control until it posts and goes into desktop? should i increase other voltages in my bios also? all the voltages for my bios that i see are cpu pll voltage control, dram voltage control, ddr vt voltage control, nb voltage control, ht link voltage control, nb/pcie/pll voltage control, cpu nb vid control, and cpu voltage control. i want it to be 4ghz for cpu clock, ht, nb, and ram at 2000mhz. not sure about the cpb so i leave it at 2000mhz? also what timings would be best for the ram to run at 2000mhz? any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if i sound stupidly noob. here are my specs for my pc, oh by the way bios and all firmware are up to date.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
AMD FX 8150 CPU
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Motherboard
Corsair Dominator GT CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 DDR3 2000 MHz 2 x 4 GB Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6990 x 2 Crossfire Video Cards
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3-BK SSD
OCZ ZX 1250W PSU
Lite-On IHES208 SATA BD Drive
Antec 12 Hundred Case

Scorpius?

No real point in overclocking the ram honestly outside of benchmarking. Adding .5v to everything is a TON and will destroy your components. Is that a typo?

Last, check out the BD overclocking guide listed in my signature. Id personally help, but AMD isnt my thing. Reading that link should help get you on your way until a real expert can help out.

GL!

Back