• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda3+ or NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke968

I've had good luck with my 8rda+ for about year now and am building another rig.

Should I go with the 8rda+ or NF7-S?

Id go with the Epox myself....there seems to be some concern that the mofsets on newer NF7's can not handle the power draw of high OC's as well as the older NF7's.

The 8RDA+ is a good board but the new NF7-S version 2.0 and later got the bugs worked out and now very good also. Go to ABIT MB's here and read the threads. I understand newegg now shipping new v2.4 so that puppy should rock and I'd be leary about getting a newegg refurb because most of those the older versions.

HeHeHeHe . . . . While back I ordered a $43. NF7 refurb from new egg and got the old bullet proof v1.1 and not one problem since first boot. Had FSB up to 196 stable - 2500 Barton running a bit warm so backed it off. 'Prolly could have gone to 200 but no way I want to harm this 2500 because it's an old unlocked gal.

Over a year ago I got a $47. 8RDA refurb and that puppy is solid as a rock, ditto an old Soltek 75MRN-L. ASUS? BLAH! Nothing but headaches for me . . . . OldBird

Last edited:
To Glock.

Have a friend who has been OC'er for a loooong time, lot longer than me, and says the 8RDA3+ is one of the best OC'ing stable MB's he ever owned.

I see the v2.0 ABIT in your sig, so you should be good to go. I'd love to have a new NF7-S but Ive got like four good boards now so won't be needing one for awhile. sigh . . . :(

Back