• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When OCing what voltage do you run your NB at??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
currently it's at the highest bios setting. I've done the VDD mod (about 40 ohms = .2 V ) but couldn't go any higher on the fsb. I think I'll be doing the vdimm mod next. I also have a socket A heatsink on the NB with a 60mm fan on it.

extremecorvette said:
When OCing what voltage do you run your NB at?? I did the vmod and I'm setting at 1.753volts, What do you run yours at when OCing?

To be honest i have never needed to change my Northbridge voltage because im not really pushing my computer at all :D
I have an XP-M2500+ @ 2506mhz 1.875Vcore and 2x512 in dual channel PC3200 @ 11/3/3/3.0 but at only 200FSB so i
would imagine raising the northbridge for my setup wouldnt improve anything at all ...

If your having problems with an overclock then i would try a higher voltage to see if it sorts itself out
but i wouldnt go too high if you havent got some better cooling on that northbridge because my northbridge
gets pretty hot at standard voltage so with a few more volts through it i would imagine it would get very hot
and possably cause some serious damage .

Try a few different settings with your overclock and try a few benchmarks to test for stability ext
and if your after i high fbs then my experience is you need a little extra northbridge voltage to help a bit anyway
but if it turns out you dont need the extra voltage dont use it ...

highest in bios for me, plus the vdimm mod.... right now im running at 2 volts but thats with a copper heatpipe CPU HSF on top of it to keep it super-cool =)

i woldnt recommend to anyone running 2v unless they got some good cooling

Back