• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOpen Users post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enduro

Been looking into buying an AOpen micro board recently and was wondering what the oc'ers out there thought about this company and product line. I've noticed that is really hard to find a site that sells the board that I'm looking for, the MK79G-1394
http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/MK79G-1394.htm
It looks like a great board, should I be able to get it, so any info on the company would be awesome.

enduro

I'm seriously looking into the Aopen Nforce3 board. I just bought some Kingston Hyperex PC4000 and my current Soltek/Barton maxes out at 220 stable (in single channel mode). With the rebate, it may be the ticket. My mind may change if other manufactureres start offering BIOSes with completely locked AGP/PCI.

AOpen! they are a division of acer labratories. been around for a few years used to make chipsets for the old amd and pentium boards! atleast acer has! the AOpen name is farely new to the mobo world only couple of years it hink! ya, Acer has out done there self on this board! havn't heard anything good from them since there Aladin chipset back in "98" i think it was? anyway looks like their (AOpen) nforce 3 250 is going to have more voltage options incorperated in it? it is a sweet looking board thow! was thinking of picking up one myself, but the way things are looking the socket 754 is going to be short lived once the 939's get released? never know with AMD these days. id just hate to buy a 754 sytem and be limited on upgradeing CPU! that would really suck! i think the 754 is going to go out like the old AMD and intell sloted CPU's!:burn:

Last edited:
Back