• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mach I questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NetDaemon

Registered
Hi guys. I was thinking of buying a used Mach I for my rig but I have a couple of questions. I just need to tell you that I cant get a mach gt/st because I just cant afford it. So here we go:

1) Whats the differences of a Mach I vs. a Mach II. I did some research and I read various things. Some people say that they have a different compressor, others that the Mach II has r404, others that it just has better compatibility. So whats the case?

2) Is it possible to change the head of a Mach I in order to use it with A64/FX cpus?

These for now. I am pretty sure I had other questions too but I ll post them when I remember them. Thanks in advance.

The mach 2 is a mach 1 with a more efficient cooling solution and better condensation protection.

To make it work with an A64 all you have to do is buy the appropriate easy mod kit.

Any more specific info concerning the "better cooling system"? Also I heard that I ll need a second psu to power the mach I. Is this true?Ithought that we plug it to the mains?!?!?! thanks in advance.

You do plug it to the mains, but the mach I was originally designed to power on with the motherboard and to hold it in a reset loop until the temp reached -38C. Several new motherboards are not compatible with this and require you to "jump" a seperate psu to turn the prometeia on.

Ok...got it. So where can I find out more info about this? I have a dfi infinity and I cant find in the nventiv web site if its compatible (well its not listed...).

Back