• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb Overclocking a AthlonXP 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NMkiD

Registered
Hey fellas I am getting a Athlon 2600 CPU and I want to overclock it, I think... (I dont know if its a XP, throughbred, barton or what)

The guys told me it runs at 2.2Ghz, but I dont know if hes already overclocking it to that speed or not, now he hinted at me to get a better cooler so I bought this one:

Thermaltake Volcano 11 +

Now I think this should help either way (if I need to overclock to achieve 2.2 or if I just wanna go over 2.2 if thats is its stock)
BTW it will be on a KT4V with 2 sticks of 512 DDR333 Ram (which is PC2700 right?) if that helps.

Anyway what are you thoughts on this? I wont be able to try anything untill this sunday but I'm trying to get my thoughts togeather.

PS I will be getting a X800 PRO next week I believe :D

Thats good news then right, since its faster?

So what kind of overclocking do you think I should try to undertake with that fan/heatsink I just bought or is it not really a good enough CPU to overclock?

It dosent say a brand, but it uses:

Samsung 250&247 K4H560838D-TCB3

I have 2 sticks of 512mb 32x8 ddr333 (35644584 W15505)

Back