• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2500+mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mack936

Registered
i am using my xp2500+mobile in a home theater setup to watch high definition movies and what i have noticed is that i can get the cpu to 2500 by using 12.5x200 and setting the vcore to 1.93v but the temp goes up to 139 degrees using this setup
i have a manhattan part# 701792 large copper/ball bearing cooling fan and 256 meg ddr400 memory ( don't remember the maker ) and an abit nf7-s v2 m/b with nvidia chip set and i have far above 13 on the multipliers but the temp is just too high for my comfort. is there something else i could do besides water cooling to lower temps?

thanks

forgot to mention that the cooling fan is for an amd xp up to 3200+

why are you overclocking a home theatre PC? I know its a sickness. but a DVD needs like 350mhz to run. no reason to harass a chip for no good reason...

better cooling will come at the price of a louder fan. Id personally run it at stock speeds, with the quietest fan I could possibly find.

ares350 said:
why are you overclocking a home theatre PC? I know its a sickness. but a DVD needs like 350mhz to run. no reason to harass a chip for no good reason...

better cooling will come at the price of a louder fan. Id personally run it at stock speeds, with the quietest fan I could possibly find.

i also have a satellite fta card that i can watch HD Tv programming when i can find a free channel to watch and that's why i was overclocking. there are several network feed available in HD and also in 4.2.2 digital that require a good processor to watch them. ( CBS,ABC and NBC and occasionally fox too

aye ok. didnt know they had those.

yeah you could eek out more mhz probably. but if anything, Id grab some artic silver 3 or ceramique and call it a day. as in a home theatre setting you dont want a loud fan. and the loud fan will get you 100mhz at best. not worth it.

Just curious, what is the default multiplier for the xp2500+ mobile?

gingo said:

I'm curious too why is the mobile Barton 2500+ rated at the same speed as a desktop Barton 2500+ when is it's only using a FSB of 133 instead of the desktop Barton FSB at 166?

Ry said:

I'm curious too why is the mobile Barton 2500+ rated at the same speed as a desktop Barton 2500+ when is it's only using a FSB of 133 instead of the desktop Barton FSB at 166?

Well, read my thread here. It explains a lot.

But I haven't heard anyone really mention the default multiplier for the mobile 2500+. I'm assuming its like 13.5 or so.

gingo said:

i can say that my xp2500-barton mobile defaults to a 600mhz setting when i have to clear the bios if that is any news to you!
when i first installed this cpu in my abit nf7-s v2 mb it only recognized it as a 600,then i went in and changed the multiplier to 100x18 then 200x9 i finally had it @12.5x200 and [email protected]
and computer loaded windows ok and performed well, i just did not like the heat factor so i reduced it back to [email protected] and multiplier to 200x8.5 and saw a big heat reduction then

Back