• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the correct way of doing this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

Hey all,

I got my DFI lanparty NFII board on the way as well as some OCZ PC3700 EB edition (2x512). I plan on running my mobile 2500+ with this setup.

Now my question is, how should I approach the OC... I want to focus on high FSB. I know that both the mobo and the ram are capable of doing high fsb, so it all depends on the CPU. (which is why this thread is in this section)

So I was wondering how you guys went about to getting those high FSB's... I was told just to crank it up (fsb and vcore), then prime it. I was also told that I should raise it little by little, but I just have no patience for that. If I have to I will.

So, let me kow what you guys think. Thanks.

lower the multiplier to around 5 then crank up the fab once it becomes unstable and your still around stock clocks up the Chipset voltage and the Ram then once u found max fsb up that multiplier

Awesome, thanks for the help. I wonder if I will have to up the vdimm much since it is pc3700. Oh well, I will have to find out I guess. I will post the results as soon as everything is up an runnign again.

you probably won't have to - the memory should overclock a little on stock voltage. i would also suggest burning in the cpu before you overclock it - that way you can get a great fsb and clock speed. just a thought.

You will have to up the Vdimm to achieve faster than SPD timings like 2.5-2-2-5. Even with the SPD of like 3-2-3-8 (I think that's accurate), you will eventually have to up the Vdimm to get higher FSB that you are looking for.

My approach to oc'ing:
1. Burn-in cpu by running low multi x relatively high FSB near stock clock speed with Prime95 small ftts.
2. Use MemTest or Prime95 Blend test to see how far your memory can go with your max Vdimm.
3. Lower multi to like 5x and up FSB as much as I can stable with as little Vcore as possible.
4. Up multi to like 9x and start going up by .5x each time, testing for stability. Add Vcore when unstable.

Silent Buddha said:
You will have to up the Vdimm to achieve faster than SPD timings like 2.5-2-2-5. Even with the SPD of like 3-2-3-8 (I think that's accurate), you will eventually have to up the Vdimm to get higher FSB that you are looking for.

My approach to oc'ing:
1. Burn-in cpu by running low multi x relatively high FSB near stock clock speed with Prime95 small ftts.
2. Use MemTest or Prime95 Blend test to see how far your memory can go with your max Vdimm.
3. Lower multi to like 5x and up FSB as much as I can stable with as little Vcore as possible.
4. Up multi to like 9x and start going up by .5x each time, testing for stability. Add Vcore when unstable.

Excellent.

I had this CPU (mobile 2500) running at 210x12 on my Asus A7N8X dlx 2.0... so it may be broken in just a tad, but I will still follow those steps to achieve best results. Thanks again guys!

make sure you do the l12 mod before you put youre board in.......

it will help you get high fsbs

without it i could only get 220-225 fsb soon as i put the little peice of wire in the slot booted up i got as high as 260fsb .......

and now running stable at 250 x 10.5

You need to connect ah30 to ah28 if you have a 2500mobile

http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html

This does work !!! and its free :):):)

andy

PS you say "I just have no patience for that. If I have to I will.
"

start low then go high you will get a better overclock if you do ...
watch youre temps as well !!!!

Back