• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you consider this a safe overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsmith21

Registered
As the subject says what do you think of this overclock? It is an AXP 2500@3200 11X200 1.75V. It seems rock solid on my system, no crashes runs everything great and runs at good temps. The only thing that hints at any kind of instability is running prime 95 on the CPU intensive test, after running for 23hrs and 59 minutes it comes up with a fatal error. I have never been able to run it for this long before. Do you think this is safe or should i turn it down a little? Or up the vcore a little more? Or just leave it as it is?

With an SP-97 I dont think you should worry. That cpu seems a turd for overclocking, most will do that speed or more with 1.65v. You can probably go as high as 1.8v and not worry, but I suggest getting a mobile cpu. I do 200x12.5 w/1.625v.

right now my room is a little warm (usually have AC on) the case temp is 25C and the CPU temp is 38C idle. When the AC is on it usually idles around 34C with a case temp about 20C. While running Prime 95 the temps never went above 42C.

Back