• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Order of OC operations? Burn in time, ect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I'll be setting up my Abit NF7-S and AMD Mobile XP2500+ combo soon. Definitly going to bump the FSB to 200 soon after I get it up and running.

My question is, do I need to 'burn in' my cpu? Should I do this before OCing? For how long? And do I do this with a program such as Prime95?

Also, I plan on lowering the multiplier before upping the FSB to 200, maybe to like 10.0x. Should I bump up the voltage before I try OCing or see if it'll POST at the default voltage?

Basically I just want to know the order of operations I should take. I've been out of the overclocking scene for a while.

Thanks.

forget about burn in. Just slap it in and try 200FSB, 1.65V and multiplier at 11.5 and run prime. You could get my CD from here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=293171
and run prime95 without corrupting your hardrive. Try torture test for 1 hr if passing and then start changing the parameters to OC more until you fail. Back down till you are 24hrs prime stable and you are ready to boot windows from the hardrive.

overdoze said:
forget about burn in. Just slap it in and try 200FSB, 1.65V and multiplier at 11.5 and run prime. You could get my CD from here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=293171
and run prime95 without corrupting your hardrive. Try torture test for 1 hr if passing and then start changing the parameters to OC more until you fail. Back down till you are 24hrs prime stable and you are ready to boot windows from the hardrive.

I read through that fast (dont have much time) and it seemed most was related to folding, which I dont know much about...

Anyway, I'll check it out later when I have more time. Is it just an image I can burn to a CD to run Prime95 off of without booting to windows?

Thanks.

You are right. The instruction for prime95 testing is almost at the end. I will repeat it here. Just boot it up hit cancel on the terminal server setup. Let it boot all the way up to window. Open a Konsole and type

mprime

choose No(torture test only)

then choose number 17

PS: If you don't plug in the network cable it will not fold

Back