• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new watercooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

so finally its up and running.
basically its

# XX-Flow - cpu
# Eheim 1048
# AGB-O-Matic resorvoir
# innovatek RADI - Single - H
# PAPST fan
and a graph o matic rev2

EDIT: the as5 has settled in and making both exhaust fans blowing out not one in and one out (big mistake) my temps are now 40C idel and 45C load :clap: with normal room temps (22C) my idel temp is 35C

anyway cut a big hole in the front of the case to get good airflow! :attn:
etc. I have 1 rear case fan and the 120mm papst fan + rad as intake.
my cpu temp is 43C idle. room temp is 25C.

now I wasnt expecting miricals with temps but 43C! :( and load 47C better then my air but....
as5 was used.
me confused. any tips

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

pump is just outside the case by the way.

Last edited:
Well let's see, looks like you're cooling your gpu and your cpu. The rad doesn't look too great size-wise, you only have one fan, and your waterblock isn't the best. Not a bad setup, but not the best hardware.

For athlons, I'd say a chevette heatercore is the smallest one should go. Unless you're running stock speeds, anything smaller just isn't going to really cool it. the WW still seems to be really popular, but I haven't read recent reviews or checked the waterblock databases, so I could be wrong. I tell you what though, I'm folding on my gaming rig right now, and my top temp is 39C. It's a 1733 OC'd to 2115.

All in all, I'd say your temps are right on the money. Give it some time, let the AS5 set, and get another fan for that rad. Your CPU isn't going to die at that temp (not even close), but it's not great if you want to overclock it higher either.

cool cool. just wondering!

yeah I know its not the best but I got it cheap of here :) except the pump :( dam us voltages

I am quiete happy... but still uneasy about the whole water leaking thing...

I keep checking very 30 minutes lol....

Well if you got it cheap, and it's quiet, then I'd say you achieved your goal :). God knows that's what we all try to accomplish, with varying success.

Checking is not a bad idea. I know when I set mine up the first time, I was checking it constantly. Now try to fit it all in the case and make it look professional ;)

47 load is a bit of a worry - is that barton at stock? which sensor are you reading off?

My NF7-S only gets to 47.5 at full prime95 load in a 20 degree room, with stock cooling... (and stock speeds, not those indicated in sig atm)

different boards, different chips, different set ups i guess :)

Tha AMD chips have a max temp of 85C-90C depending on model. If the machine is stable, 47C at load is not an issue. I have an XP1700@2400 that idles at 38C and jumps to almost 50C under load. I have never had a crash and this thing has been running like this 24/7 for over 6 months. I only use the motherboards temp sensors, so I have no idea what the real temps are. They could be off by +-5C or more. One of these days I will get an external temp monitor. :)

IMHO temps are not a real reliable measure of success between peoples rigs. There are too many variables to accurately say what is good or bad. Like ACID said, if its quiet and working, all is well.

AHHH SWEET

cpu temp 38C now idle. the as5 has settled in nicely and I think changed my 2 exhaust fans to exhaust instead of 1 blowing in and 1 out was a great ideal.

wehhh

NBD, when it is really warm in my room and my case temps are 38C the water in my res is warm. At full load my CPU moitor reads 54C. Haven't had any crashed yet and I run it 24/7. Prime95 runs just fine as well, as does 3Dmark and my games. I am happy thus far with it. I am going to make a better external box setup in a year or so with dual HCs. That will really improve my temps.

are latex tubes any good? i saw some at home depot when i went to get my barbs. i literally bent that thing like 350 degrees and it didnt crease.. but i think water evaporates through it or something...

DarkDraco said:
are latex tubes any good? i saw some at home depot when i went to get my barbs. i literally bent that thing like 350 degrees and it didnt crease.. but i think water evaporates through it or something...

I dont think they would make condoms out if latex if they leaked would they. (I am right condoms are made out of latex isnt it?? havent used one in ages my g/f is on the pill)

and I dont know what tubing its just normal Innovatek tubing. it isnt 1/2" its the other wc tubing (3/8 ??). it does bend niceley without kinking but I dont think its latex.

Its german and its good quality :)

lol condoms are latex and are leak proof from my testing :)

but anyway those temps are just fine. Another fan on the rad would help. Also are you using a shroud?

looks like 8mm tubing 10 maybe? a shroud should get you a couple degs, maybe a bit more fan power, not sure what kind of fan you are using. A HC would help too but when it comes down to it the small tubbing and the design of the water blocks are gonna limit you. A setup like this is tempting, low price and small tubbing is so easy to work with.

well I am really really happy now. temps are 41C (dam it why does it keep dropping suddenly) which are perfect since we have 26C now well in my room.

since I cool the gpu and cpu and only have silent fans and 1 120mm rad I think wc is amazing to pull these temps off. the innovatek kit is also really good quality and very very easy to install. no zip ties or any dangerous hose connection stuff. just push in srew in and your confident it wont leak.
for the price I got it I have to say its a bargain, especially if you want low noise.

I spend about £140 on a silent air setup!!!
for this I spend £199 -> £149 if it wasnt for the pump which came with the kit but was 110V (usa) not 220V. kinda sucked but hey thats life.

with normal temps (at 23 o'clock) which was 22C in my room downloading some stuff I had 39C temp.
:clap:

Back