• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp probes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

I recently got a simple temp. probe unit with two probes about an 1/8" wide and 1/4" long. I want to monitor my CPU temps to see the difference between air cooling and water cooling, but I can't find a good place to put it. I assume sticking it to the core itself is a bad idea, and I can't seem to adhere it to the side in any way before I put the heatsink on.

any ideas?

thanks

Try Loctite ? (or any other superglue)
It's actually a rather good hear conductor, comparable to a good thermal paste..

With my old setup i had a crappy ahanix iceberg kit and i had my temp probe under the chip because the thin probe wires let me slide them thru the pins. My new setup i changed to a digidoc 5+ and the probe wires are thicker, so its between the maze4 and the chip, alongside the core. I did this by simply holding the prob there until it was mostly tightend down and then simply tightening the springs the rest of the way. No glue or tape required.

that doesn't upset the temp. of the block? since you have something b/t the block and the core?

Back