• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wiring Iwaki Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

I just got my Iwaki 30RZ and it came with bare black and white wires, how would I go about wiring this into a wall socket. I don't want to use a relay, I just want to have the pump going 24/7. I know almost nothing about AC voltage, so I'm pretty lost as to how to do this. I can solder, but I don't know if I need to ground anything because the pump only has 2, not 3 wires coming from it. Help would be appreciated.

Are you sure its 110AC? Add you need to do is either get a plug (from the home depot or something) or cut a pc cord. Then just solder, and your done!

The pump says that the rated voltage is 100 volts. Will it work plugged straight into an outlet? Also, can I just cut any cord and solder? Do I have to pay attention to +/- and grounds? I'm also not sure of whether it's DC or AC current, the wiring that came with it is a clip that looks like a molex connector but only with 2 pins. Any ideas? The Model is MD-30RZ-N07.

Last edited:
are they blade style clips? like on oem car speakers?

the Iwaki I had came with blade clips and I just plugged them into a socket I bought at an electronics store. The version I had was a 220v though, and the converter I used did not have a ground so I just plugged it in without regard to +/-.

I'd hope that 100 volts is AC.

Im considering just cutting this old AC connector I have apart, and then just soldering this thing together. Anyone confirm its AC?

Edit: I just cut the AC wire apart, and I have a blue, green, and white wire inside. Solder or not to solder?

Iwaki pumps are AC pumps. They are supposed to run at 100V AC, but here in the US we use 110V AC. It's fine though, the pump will just work a little bit harder, push a bit more water, and run a little bit warmer than it was meant to. Don't worry though. Now, what you want to do is solder either the white or black wire to the blue or white wire, and then the remaining to the remaining. Basically, don't use the green, that is the ground, which it looks like the pump doesn't use. Don't worry about white/black and blue/white because it is AC. AC (Alternating Current) switces polarity something like 60times per second here in the US. Basically, for 1/60 of a second a wire caries one charge, and then the next 1/60 of a second, it caries the opposite charge, and so on and so forth.

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and solder it then. I'll report back in a few. It's okay that I'm using a power cable from an old monitor right?

Back