• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump leaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genjix

Anybody have this problem? my pump is leaking, but not where the barbs are. its leaking in the middle of the pump, hard to explain, but its not where any attachments meet or connect.

yes it is a danner pump. its leaking where the the 4 screws connect that plastic piece. is there a fix for this?

hmmm, damn, now im wondering if it is indeed a danner pump. i bought this a while back and there is no indication of what brand or model this pump is, but danner did sound real familiar.

you need to take the pump apart, take the god awful o ring and use marine goop in place of the o ring and seal it up. Screw it back on, and go around the outside with more goop to seal it again.

Thats what ive done and ive been watercooling for about 6 months using that method and my pump is fine :)

You can get a tube of aquarium sealer at Home Depot in the paint dept. for about $4. You can put a bead over the oring and reinstall the housing. Or you can remove the oring completely as stated in the previous post.

thanks for the input. I will try replacing o ring with goop suggestion.
As i never took one of these apart, what does the o ring look like? just a plastic or rubber ring?

Surprised no one's mentioned this (even if it is a bit o/t), but your tubing is overkill. You're losing flow rate by having so much excess tubing hanging around. I've got to imagine you could shave a good 18-24" off your tubing length with some trimming and re-routing. Just a thought :)

Back