• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying a Maze DD waterblock to work with an A64 cpu is this possible ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I just had an Idea instead of waisting $53 on a new waterblock from Dangerden coukld i modify a Maze 2 block to fit and work on the Athlon64 motherboards.

I have a maze 3 and a maze 2, the maze 2 i dont use anymore and havent for like 2 years ever since i got the maze 3 block.

DO you guys think i could line up the 2 mounting holes o nthe mobo and mark it on the block then take a drill bit and screwdriver and cuts the holes in the block. The take 2 bolt's and align the block on top of the cpu and make sure the bolts have enough space under neethe the board to be screwd in. Then seal the 2 bolts while inside the waterblock to prevent leakadge, Then simply bolt the block down on the cpu.

Edit: Nm it wont work the block isnt long enough to reach the holes... Oh well it was worth the idea to bad it wont work.

Last edited:
Back