• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another "...adding a GPU block...."

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp00L

So far I have:

1) MCW6002 Waterblock
2) Dtek ProCore Radiator
3) ClearFlex 60 1/2'' ID / 3/4'' OD Tubing
4) MCP600 Pump
5) T-line

Going from an SP94 with a SFII, I went from 27 C / 40 C to 26 C / 35 C with ambient around 25-26 C. I'm pleased, especially with the raddy leaks fixed. I'm thinking about adding GPU block right after the cpu, so it's pump->raddy->cpu->gpu->pump. I've read that temps may increase by as much as 5 C to as little as 0.5 C. I have a 9800XT at stock clocks. What should I expect of my temps if adding a GPU block? I know the gpu core is capable of 475 volt modded and a high flow fan on the amd heatsink I have bolted on. However I removed the volt mods because of the increased heat.

Depending on your radiator's efficiency, you can probably expect from 1C to 5C, but if I have to guess, I'd say somewhere in between.

LOL that is exactly what you just said :p

Actually, I just did the same thing you are talking about, and I went up ~2C. No biggie. I have this:

whitewater
dtek procore (chevette I guess)
1/2 tubing
viaaqua 1300
fusionHL (gpu block in case you weren't familiar)
bayrez

I have a 9800pro that is really an XT, I just gave it its true identity. GPU is 59C right now, cpu is 40C idle. It's warm in this room at 81F/27C, so temps are kinda high.

Back