• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu problem plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grandmaster c

Registered
hi everyone, and thanx before hand to helping.

I just flashed my bios to version 1.6. Now everytime i start up my computer it gives me this error

"CPU is unworkable or has been changed recheck - CPU soft menu"

then it gives me the option to continue by hitting F1 or enter setup by hitting del.

If i hit F1 i can start up windows and everything runs fine, i havent noticed any problems, its just gives me this error every time i boot up. If someone knows what to do plz help me.

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

I cant exactly say what your problem is but I would suggest trying to clear the CMOS to see if that helps. There should be jumpers on your motherboard for doing this.

Try going into your BIOS and making sure your FSB setting is correct. Then save changes, and see if it keeps giving you that error.

I cleared my cmos again and it didnt fix the problem.

Maybe i'm not doing it right, heres what i do
1.shut down comp
2.unplug powercable
3.turnoff power supply
4.switch jummer to 2-3
5.wait for about a minute
6.switch back to 1-2
7.boot up.

Am I missing a step here?

I also went into my bios and the fsb was set to default, and nothing else is changed.

BTW my mobo is a max3

Some people report that you need to boot the PC with the jumper in the 2-3 position enter BIOS setup then save and exit. Then power off and move the jumper back to the normal 1-2 position just like you have to do to change some settings on Intel brand motherboards.

dont worry bout it i had it tonight simply o/c system boot nto windows then go to stock again, sorted it 4 me

Phil

alright thankx, i did that and it cleared the message, but do you think it actually fixed the problem?

yea no worries, it has there was nothing wrong in first place simple the mobo sayin WTF is this chip lol and by doing what i said u told it and nw it went away right???

glad u fixed it :D

Phil

Back