• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tc-4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

i just got my waterblock, can someone show me a pic of the inside of a TC-4? i cant find any searhing the forums or google....

these bards look awfuly small too, i thought i ordered 1/2" barbs

go to d-tek customs and look at their pictures. basicly I think its 3/8" channels in a squaired N type pattern.(not diagonal)

Jon

their pics make it look almost as if the water has to travel in an N like pattern...my waterblock is the same, only the water doesnt have to travel in the N patter. it even has the copper coils...i'm working on uploading a pic, it should be at www.freewebs.com/como/wb.jpg in a few mins...

my freewebs is being dumb, hopefully my first attatchment worked.

Attachments

• WB.jpg
    WB.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 217
money...my entire setup will cost my less than $120 when done.
I'm going into college, just got my licence, and dont have a job.

oh, and the point is...is that a tc-4 or not? it looks liek the channels are different.

It almost looks like a TC-4 with some material removed to make it 3 channels all connected on both ends. Did you order a TC-4 from Dtek, another individual, small website, etc? I don't seem to understand whats going on here either...

that is weird, I think it could just be the picture that makes it look funny.

Jon

after really looking at the picture on the dtek site, i think that the appearance that it goes in a "N" shape is just because of the barb... this would be a lot easier if someone here had one

i'm sure someone does, its a common block...or so i was told.

MY block, as far as i can tell, does have some material removed. but it doesnt look like that, it looks liek it was made like that. I'll google some more...

thats weird, can you take a strait down shot of it? and you did get your block from d-tek?

Jon

i diddnt get it from dtek, and i cant get another shot, i'm attempting to leaktest it (buy i cant gemy my tubing act together)

it is mising the channel seperators though, it has the 3 lines with the copper coils in it, and all 3 connect at the top and at the bottom.

What yiou have is either a different model TC-4 than Dtek advertises on their website via the pic or you have an imitation.
If you look closely at the TC-4 on Dtek.com, you will notice th outer channel walls pertruding inward some, to create a sort of flow direction around the corners.
From what I can tell in your pic, your TC-4 is just a box with two fins in it. No curved walls found like in the dtek lock.
I may be wrong....
BTW, that which you supplyed is a horrible picture. Get a decent camera before posting pics.

SenC

here you go

greenman: perhaps he purchased it because it is a good price and is still competitive in terms of performance? no offence, but whever i read your posts you always seem to come off as a jerk.

as far as not fiinding pictures, just use google.

"dtek tc4 review" click the first site, links to the ipkonfig review of the block.

it's a plexi-top so you can see the internal channels and has some nice macro shots too.

i'm assuming you have the rev 2, as revision one hasn't been around for about 2 years now.

the block performs well, i have it in my main rig at home. i idle at 9-10 above ambient, and load at 14 c. above room temperature.

i have an eheim 1250, mobile barton currently at 1.775 and 230 x 11. all this with a single chevette core and a low rpm 120.

so greenman, does that answer your question about why he bought the block? it performs well and is cheap. enough said.

pics of tc4 revision 2

Como said:
money...my entire setup will cost my less than $120 when done.
I'm going into college, just got my licence, and dont have a job.

oh, and the point is...is that a tc-4 or not? it looks liek the channels are different.

My entire system is less than 120 (about 110 total) and I am using a MCW6002-A, really nice block, you shouldn't sacrafice the quality of your waterblock for a low budget system.

slaya said:
My entire system is less than 120 (about 110 total) and I am using a MCW6002-A, really nice block, you shouldn't sacrafice the quality of your waterblock for a low budget system.

please post the entire system you built. i kinda doubt you got a complete system for 120$.

also, all blocks test within 5 c and the tc4 is somewhere around the middle, so at best you are 2.5 c better, not to mention your block is only 3/8 right?

the tc4 is a high flow block that can work with a coldplate/tec, and is good used in a gpu/cpu setup. whereas that swiftech is restrictive.

all said, different cooling loops all have advantages and disadvantages, and one cannot be deemed "better" because diferent user require different options.

congrats on taking the "plunge" so to say, and keep us posted with your results!

:clap:

Well, i have a TC-4 and it has definitely a "N" shaped channel, with kind of "ribs" on the walls, and coil turbulators.
The block shown in the photo above is *not* a TC-4...

"please post the entire system you built. i kinda doubt you got a complete system for 120$."

Well, first off, my entire setup is as follows.
Tubing- Mcmaster-carr tubing. About $10
WB- Fake TC-4 . About $20.
Pump-Maxijet 1200. About $30
Rad-'77 Bonneville. About $21
Clamps/barbs-home depot. $8 so far, estimated 10-15 total.

that comes to $89 so far, and not much more in hte near future. All prices include shipping.

I do belive my block is 3/8 :( its 1/2" OD from what i can tell, i plan on drilling/tapping it to 1/2" ID later, when i can afford the stuff i need.

"BTW, that which you supplyed is a horrible picture. Get a decent camera before posting pics."

No offense, but i happen to have NO money. that picture is using hte webcam i bartered for a year ago, a usb webcam. Sory i cant live up to your expectiations, i just got my first job today and i have a $1500 bill die in three days for college, and i need $600 in books in two weeks. i'm not exactly floating in money, why do you think my WC setup is so cheap?
i got the block at www.case-mod.com./ it is NOT labeld a tc-4, its called a "Black top waterblock" or something.
http://www.case-mod.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=2_49_54&products_id=797

"The block utilizes additional ribs in the channels along with copper turbulator coils to greatly increase water to copper surface area, water velocity, and turbulance; this makes pumps flow more efficiently."

Someone told me that was exclusive to the TC-4, before i bought it and i was asking if it was one.

"My entire system is less than 120 (about 110 total) and I am using a MCW6002-A, really nice block, you shouldn't sacrafice the quality of your waterblock for a low budget system."
And to that i say, if i couldnt get a block for under $40, watercooling simply woldnt be an option. At all.

Back