• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tc-4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oc613 said:
greenman: perhaps he purchased it because it is a good price and is still competitive in terms of performance? no offence, but whever i read your posts you always seem to come off as a jerk.
the block performs well, i have it in my main rig at home. i idle at 9-10 above ambient, and load at 14 c. above room temperature.

i have an eheim 1250, mobile barton currently at 1.775 and 230 x 11. all this with a single chevette core and a low rpm 120.

so greenman, does that answer your question about why he bought the block? it performs well and is cheap. enough said.

The MCW6000 is about $15 more than a TC-4, and

As for a $120 system:

WW block: $50
Via Aqua 1300: $15
2-341 HC: $30
Clearflex60: $10
650 CFM blower: $15
Cardboard shroud

There's $120 for ya.

look

a TC-4 is fine, but upgrading to a better block is one of the cheapest ways to get better temps. Spending $15 on a better pump or heatercore or fanswill not yield the same 2-3C changes you'd see from going to a TC-4 to a WW/TDX/MCW6000

as for me being a jerk, honestly, if you don't like it, change your settings to ignore me and my posts

will fit, yes. will restrict flow as well.

and i paid $20 shipped for my WB, and theres no way to get a via aqua here for $15. i paid $30 for my 1200, shipping is hard to get cheap to here.

and as for hte blower for $15, i'm doing this for a quiet computer, not a "quiet when compared to an air compressor" computer...i want to hear my hard drives over my cpu cooling.

and then i've put $89 into my WC system so far.
to think i paid about $65 (including shipping)for my sp-97 when i built this computer...and another $15 on TIM

"a TC-4 is fine, but upgrading to a better block is one of the cheapest ways to get better temps. Spending $15 on a better pump or heatercore or fanswill not yield the same 2-3C changes you'd see from going to a TC-4 to a WW/TDX/MCW6000"

$50 for a 2-3C drop is simply outragous in my mind. if i'm gonna sink $50, i'm looking for a solid 10-15C minimum. Apparently nobody here was ever poor.

I don't really think you understand.....

1/2" OD barbs were MEANT for 1/2"ID tubing...anything else is risky, either stretching the tube, or not tight enough, resulting in a leak.

My blower is about as loud as the fan in my PSU. Remember your torin at 12v? I can hear my HDs. The blower is on a separate PSU, and when I turn the computer on (witht he blower already on) I hear the HDs wind up

my Via Aqua was $7 new +$7 shipping (drsfostersmith with coupon code)

it's not $50 for a 2-3C drop...it's $20, $20 more than your TC-4 would have gotten you a MCW6000.

hat to but in but where the hell do you get a via 1300 for $15?! I can't fin one for $25 as dtek is sol out and everything else cost more!

used to be $12

and there's a coupon code as you check out, before you pay, at least there used to be, it was something like "as seen on TV"

if not there should one in the watercooling stickies

no disrespect to you, welcome to the fooums and all, but do a search, man, the answers are here

"
1/2" OD barbs were MEANT for 1/2"ID tubing...anything else is risky, either stretching the tube, or not tight enough, resulting in a leak."

yeah, i know. i'm using a 3/4" t fitting for a t line, this tube can stretch. I'm looking to stretch it, it makes a better fit. Besides, a 1/2" OD fitting is far too smal inside.

Back to the topic, this is getting to be an argument.

If this is not a TC-4, that answeres the question. End of desussion before it turns ugly...because i cant help but make clear my point of view.
my 1200 was $20, and $10 for shipping. diddnt find a coupon, so i paid $30.

and my torin at 12V was WAY to loud. thats why its dead now, i tried to quiet it. computers shouldnt make this much noise, i dont care how overclocked they are.

greenman: perhaps he purchased it because it is a good price and is still competitive in terms of performance? no offence, but whever i read your posts you always seem to come off as a jerk.
lol
"BTW, that which you supplyed is a horrible picture. Get a decent camera before posting pics.
I apologize for that...wasnt aware of your situation. However spending $120 or $89 or whateverTF , is a lot of money, I can get a one-way camera with digital support for $10 q Walgreens buddy. Maybe you should just relax a bit with comenting on my expectations and such.
Also my expectations for that setup of your are pretty respectable temps, however that crap TC-4 is going to hold you back. Having no money is no excuse for making badly researched purchasing decisions. Frankly put, you should have went for a better block. more of a long term investment block. TC-4 is already outdated. Even the lumpy channel Wb beats the living daylights outtta that TC-4 and would have cost you the less to reproduce.

SenC.

the tc-4 shouldnt hold be back much, theres not much difference between any block...theres only so much heat difference you can get with a copper block that has water running through it.

Besides, untill i can get a respectable pump, my waterflow setup will be rather resticted by other things, like the way i have to mount my pump, and the res its going ot have to be in. (i cannot get the pipe leak-free on the outlet, and thepumps design wont let it stay leak free for long...its gonna have to be submerged)

I Honestly think my waterblock was a good choice...especially for the price. i have $1 left now, and only a half tank of gas...any more spent i wouldnt have made it to an interview, and i would have a lot less than $1.

gotta keep in mind, this is a budget system. i couldnt even afford a gpu block!

Como said:
the tc-4 shouldnt hold be back much, theres not much difference between any block...theres only so much heat difference you can get with a copper block that has water running through it.

Besides, untill i can get a respectable pump, my waterflow setup will be rather resticted by other things, like the way i have to mount my pump, and the res its going ot have to be in. (i cannot get the pipe leak-free on the outlet, and thepumps design wont let it stay leak free for long...its gonna have to be submerged)

I Honestly think my waterblock was a good choice...especially for the price. i have $1 left now, and only a half tank of gas...any more spent i wouldnt have made it to an interview, and i would have a lot less than $1.

The TC-4 is still a very nice block, and will work wonders with the pump you selected. That pic of your TC-4 looks like it was modified... Hope it ok for you.

::edit:: Maybe your TC-4 is fine... I can't tell 'cause the pic I'm looking at has it's barbs blocking part of the internals... http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=21

the tc4 is an awesome block for the money, look at my sig.

i'm on a tc4 and have no problems, i can max out my mobile and still load at 50 celcius (~2730 and 2.0 volts).

overclocking has alot more to do with skill than buying the "right" stuff and just slapping it together.

Como said:

No offense but if I had 1$ to my name I wouldnt be worried about cooling a computer...

Atleast you are going to an interview though.

jamesavery22 said:
No offense but if I had 1$ to my name I wouldnt be worried about cooling a computer...

Atleast you are going to an interview though.
I have -$40 to my name and I'm still (trying to...) buy(ing) stuff...

The TC-4 is fine. I've had this same chip cooled under multiple different loops including a tc-4 r2. My current setup beats my tc4 setup (keep in mind I changed the pump and rad also) by about 7c~. What did this achieve? A lower number in mbm and 0mhz :p. Of course this varies from system to system but sometimes 2-3c isn't worth an extra 20$.

"No offense but if I had 1$ to my name I wouldnt be worried about cooling a computer..."

LOL! actually i just found this cool thing at VIP for 99 cents...after scrounginf i found a nickle...anyways i havew a few pennys to my name now.

And the interview was monday, the second one was today, and my orientation is tuesday...woo, a job!

Oh, the 99 cent thing...its like a magnet on a retractable antennae type deal. 2' extended, pretty good magnet. good for the screws i keep dropping in the baseboard :p

and my computer is idle at 40C right now, with an sp-97. i'm verry worried about cooling my computer!

Back