• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

Well. i just built a new computer for my dad ...look in sign.

the case. super lan boy ..i replaced the stock fans so it runs better.. and it does. i still want to take out the hdd tray somehow. tho

now ..my dad is talking about how loud it is.. its not that loud ..its just the psu fan is on max.... and the heatsink got trashed so the temps are junk. and its also runing very hot.

so he thought watercooling.. i never have done that kind of setup but i was like ..ok he will pay 200-300 for a good water setup.

things i want to cool. the cpu and north bridge.

i am going to get some uv lights so i want a uv diy too.. also i heard of a watercooling place in calgary.. but i forget were i saw it ..

so? whats all the things i need for a good setup? ..look in sign for whats in the computer

wizard james said:
Well. i just built a new computer for my dad ...look in sign.

the case. super lan boy ..i replaced the stock fans so it runs better.. and it does. i still want to take out the hdd tray somehow. tho

now ..my dad is talking about how loud it is.. its not that loud ..its just the psu fan is on max.... and the heatsink got trashed so the temps are junk. and its also runing very hot.

so he thought watercooling.. i never have done that kind of setup but i was like ..ok he will pay 200-300 for a good water setup.

things i want to cool. the cpu and north bridge.

i am going to get some uv lights so i want a uv diy too.. also i heard of a watercooling place in calgary.. but i forget were i saw it ..

so? whats all the things i need for a good setup? ..look in sign for whats in the computer

Do the research yourself... Use the search button... Read previous threads...

No one here is going to do everything for you.

and the tubing and rad and stuff like that is pretty much up to you, but water blocks i would go with danger den and or swiftech...and you could get a pump at like ur local pet store or hardware or just internet like a lot of people...

what i want to know .. ok first off i am very much behind water cooling

whats the new pumps out?

i want a whitewater blocks
and a 12 vott pump.
120mm fan rad
i am thinking of getting a res to be on the side of the case. ..i relly am a big water noob.. for names and parts.. i have set up my friends water cooling for him but thats all i know how to do..

dont get a kit ya getter results with picking and choseing what ya want
i got most of my parts from criticool.com and had no problems
for a whitewater dunno where in canada thier sold, just get a dangerden TDX supossed to be around the same performance
get whatever pump ya want and the jr-120 aint that bad of a rad

Back