• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

two heater cores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lithker

my current setup has a 2-342 hc mounted it the front of my cheiftec dumping the hot air into case so i thought about adding a blowhole up top then i though why not add another hc say 86 chevette

proposed system:
pump->CPU->VID->top 120mm hc pushing hot air out->front dual 120mm hc->back to pump

what do you guys think? improve temps? decrease flow?

double the radiator area = good

why don't you make the front fans exaust instead of intake to save you from dealing with that heat twice?

the grill on the chieftec isnt that big compared to how big the 2-342 is. exausting air thoughthe front would be very resrictive

I am in the same boat as, Cheiftech Full tower, with a Dual 120mm Rad in the front. What I am gonna do is add two 120mm fans to bottom side pannel and have the exsaust, and then add a top 120mm blowhole. Unless you have 3+ blocks, a second rad is not needed. Might even give slightly higher temps. Plus the add pain in the butt part of mounting and the extra weight :santa2: Not worth it IMO.

i have the cheiftec with 4 cdroms, mid tower? i just looked and i think there wouldnt be enough room anyway without removing the top cdrom. I like the idea for the side panel.

what about some kind of duct to connect the hc to side panel?

still havent ruled out a top hc/rad quite yet...

Back