• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting wc soon what should i buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilikebacon

I have a budget of 500 dollars and I would not like to go over by that much :)

I would llike something that is relatively easy to setup, or that comes with a very good manual.

I have :

Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.0Ghz
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1GB Corsair XMS DDR400
BFG 6800 Ultra OC
Antec P160 Case w/ Window, and Antec True Power 550 Watt PSU

I want to be able to oc my cpu and video card

keep in mind I'm going to upgrade to an FX55 and MSI939 mobo when I feel the need.

I would prefer nice dd blocks for cpu and chipset and video card

thanks alot guys!

PS Are the danger den kit's easy to set up? how well do they cool?

well i have got stuff from www.criticool.com ...good place nice guy too..

hes got some nice kits too..just add the blocks u want.

it cost me 380 dollers to cool my cpu and chipset..so that was all good. also got 10 feet of hose.. so it comes with everything u might need

well i was looking @ this here...along w/ the nvidia 6800 block

77a1c1c8.jpg

comes out too 499.50 dollars

anything else i would need for it at all? anything i should change?

lastly do dd come w/ guides?!@

Last edited:
look in the installsion guides on the site.. everything is pretty much a given.. if u got questions email him. hes relly relly nice

i got a rbx cpu block... i suggest u get a tdx block.. much easyer usely if its your first time.

u live in the us or canada?

i didnt really know what i was doing, i need to do a little research :)

if anyone would like to correct what i have chosen, feel free :santa2:

well lets see.. first off ..do u got aim or msn?

o yea and sorry..forgot to notice Welcome to the forums now.. lets see

that Eheim 1250 Inline Pump need to have the PowerPlant II for power..
but if u want to.. u can just get the Danger Den DD12V-D4 pump its usely easyer to get the dd pump as its smaller .

the rad looks good ...

your getting a peliter ??why ..i thought u were just going to get water cooling... and u dont need the clips

look here for installion guides http://www.criticool.com/10Installation.html

print them off if need be. but no theres none installation guides in the box

maybe u shold just get air cooling for now... and hang around the forums for a bit a bit up some info...

Holy crap is that overpriced! A Black Ice Micro for $63? You could get a Black Ice Pro for that much. Or just get a 2-342 heatercore for $18 and have better performance to boot. You don't actually need a chipset block as it doesn't get very hot, you don't need those clips because you aren't using a Maze4 CPU block, that pump is about $10 overpriced, the tubing is at least $5 overpriced, you don't need a peltier AT ALL, and for the price you're paying for that floppy bay res, you could get a dual 5 1/4" bay res (more than 3x the volume). You could easily save well over $100 if you went somewhere else and didn't buy all that extra crap.

Icebl@ster said:
I think he just picked in every single thing not exactly knowing it all lol
lol yep :-0

but my msn is

[email protected]

anyways i want w/c about a year ago i didnt even know hwt ram is now i can assemble a pc w/ out any guides

i was scared at first building my pc but it was pretty easy so ill just read up on it
thanks guys

your all very helpfull!

This is the way to go for a 1/2" ID system. Same block (can't do much better than a TDX and there were no Swiftech MCW6002's anyway), a more useful 2nd block (VGA block instead of NB), a much better pump (WAY better head rating), the Swiftech Hydrx "prohibits oxydation, formation of algea, and improves heat transfer" and is also UV reactive (green), the Black Ice Xtreme is WAY better than a Micro, we're talking at least twice as good, then you've got your clamps (the block should come with a couple) and whatnot, and in my opinion, Nanotherm PCM+ is better than AS because you get the same temps and more uses out of it because you need to us so little of it.

I didn't include a reservoir because I'm not even sure you want one. A tiny 3.5" floppy res won't do much good, so don't waste your money. You don't really benefit measurably until you get to the 5 1/4" bay res, and realistically, I don't think it's worth it unless you get a dual 5 1/4" res for about $5 more. All the res does is make your system heat up slower and MAYBE lower temps 1C top, because you won't lose much heat while it's in the res and not in the rad. But you also have to consider flow rates are definitely slower with a reservoir.

And you should not waste your money on those Enermax fans. Get these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=6706664398&rd=1

No one on the forums would even think of telling you not to get those fans. They don't make fans much better than Sanyo Denki's. They'll run forever and they're only $5 a piece on ebay. Much better than Enermax or even Panaflo.

So the way I see it, you shouldn't have to spend even $400 for it and you should get better temps with this too.

Attachments

• screen_003.jpg
    screen_003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 202
ALACRITAN ...yes caps i am yelling at you

you know u should go into a job.. you would relly be good at makeing people buy stuff

i emailed sean at criticool ..hes going to get a cheep price.. and might still upgrade to rbx from tdx

The RBX and TDX are the same performance-wise. The RBX is just harder to mount. Do not get it. And last I checked, they were the same price, so he's ****ting you on the 'upgrade'. It's not. Just buy from FrozenCPU. They're generally cheaper on parts and the shipping is always cheaper. I got a waterblock, dual 5.25" reservoir, 8ft of tygon tubing, a Vantec Nexus fan controller and 4 bottles of Bawls (hadn't tried it before, but the **** is great!) and shipping was about $9 and arrived in 2 days. Now, they operate (why does that look like it's not spelled right?), out of north western NY and being that I live in the Hudson Valley, about 5hrs east, that probably had something to do with it, but they're even open and ship on weekends if you order by 6pm. They also happen to have the best selection which had a lot to do with me ordering from them. The only reason I didn't order my 500@ Ultra X-Connect PSU from them was that they sold out of them in 2 days and I didn't feel like waiting. I've never used Criticool though, but I'm not impressed with the prices already.

odd.. i am stoping 2 people from fighting on msn and you remind me of one of them lol
anyways.. not saying i dont hate you and stuff. but u never dealed with criticool ..i have

sean that guy who owns criticool is very nice and will help anytime. i know how he works with things and how he deals prices and no they are not more money.. other and biger stores can get lower prices because they can have the price 2-3 dollers more then what they get and still make lots of money

criticool is run out of his house.

so if i ask.. can we stop fightin and ...maybe if u must argre over PMs and stop filling the thread?

i also if going to ask sean if there relly is a diffence in the waterblocks

TDX and RBX is not the same performance-wise despite what danger den says on the description. Check the interactive tool comparing multiple blocks (use search if you want or hop over to procooling). RBX does perform slightly better than TDX.

Manufacturer's say whatever they want. They're the same for all intents and purposes.

wbplot19.gif

mcw6002comparo.gif

It's so close it doesn't matter. Which fan you buy for your rad will change the temperature more. And besides, the Dtek White Water and Swiftech MCW6000 are both better blocks AND cost less.

And do you believe for a second that Danger Den would sell a legitimately better block for the same price as a lesser one? All they did was remove one barb.

You realize there's a difference of, at most, 0.01C/W difference. So unless you have a CPU puts off 100W of heat (an overclocked Prescott maybe?), there will be less than 1C difference.

a couple things (and before i say this i am gonna say that i havent read every post so sry if i am repeating someone)
first get the dual heatercore from dd instead of the BIX it is 35$
and the peltier can be had for like 20$ + shipping on ebay (thermal enterprises, i paid 20$ shipped for my 170)
also if you are gonna go pelt i would suggest the maze 4-1 block instead of the tdx it has a coldplate that sandwiches the pelt and makes things easier. and the tdx isnt meant to cool a pelt (the base isnt big enough to cover it all the way, i think)
and for fans i would get 2 x 120mm evercool aluminum fans from jab-tech they are like 8 or 9$ each.
and yeah i think that is about it...

For a beginner I would order from swiftech. They have the best price/perfornace kits around. High end pump, high end cooler, quiet fans etc etc etc. You really can't go wrong. They even have radiators for every type of case design... one 80, dual 80's, on 120, dual 120's etc etc etc...

You'll be less than $300 and still have a GPU waterblock in this price.

http://www.swiftnets.com/

Click on 'online store'..they also have super cheap shipping.

EDIT:
Here is the kit for your case and CPU, rad will fit perfect on the rear 120mm opening, $224..15-20 min install...Plug and play.:) http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=308

Last edited:
Back