• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ram is 10mhz overclocked, when do I worry about timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Killaapp

Hey all, my Corsair XMS pc3200c2 is currently overclocked to 210mhz. I still have the timings at the standard 2-3-3-6 my question is when do I need to start worrying about raising those timings? Should I raise them to 2.5-4-3-7 or something just to be safe? I currently have my vdimm at 2.8v. Any info on this would be appreciated as this is the only part about OCing I can't seem to figure out. Currently runing a 2.4c at 3150mhz (262.6fsb) and dividing my ram 5:4

Thanks in advance

And to find those limits, run programs like memtest89 and Prime95. I myself use Prime95 blend tourcher test. That will stress your CPU and memory, and if they are going to have problems, you'll know. I usually let it run for a hour or two. Many people run it for 24 hours. I let it run for 12 if I plan on keeping the settings for a long time.

If the test fails, either lower the overclock, raise voltage, or relax the timings. For example with timings, if I start at 2-3-3-6, I would go to 2.5-3-3-6. Then, 2.5-4-4-7. If that would work, I'd lower the settings individually, so it would be like 2.5-3-4-7 until I fail the test again, and then raise it to where it works.

Back