• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dakar

(I'm new here, so I really don't know where this question should go.)

Does anybody know how I can adjust the Vcore in a ASrock P4VT8 motherboard? Also, what exactly does ASrock's "hybrid booster" do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums!

If the board has an option for VCore changes you'll find it in your BIOS

I'm not familiar with the "hybrid booster" there should be some info about it in the manual or on their website.

Regards, Szandor

Thankis, but I've already checked the BIOS. The problem is that there isn't a anything labelled "Vcore". I thought there was another term for the same thing, which I don't know.

My board has the Phoenix Award BIOS & my control is labeled CPU Voltage Select, not all boards have voltage control or other OCing tools in their BIOS' The Asrock line is known more as a stable, no frills rig with little to no OC options from what I've heard.

Regards, Balrog

Asrock is like OEM brand so its overclocking features is very limited. I think it has "overvoltage" option (from 3%-6% of your cpu stock voltage) somewhere in advance setting. Hybrid booster is just a feature for safe "overclocking" it prevents failed boot problems.

I've built many systems (for office) with ASrock and they're all stable. I have no bad experience with ASrock.

MameXP,

Back