• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold Rev3 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont know for sure cause i havent tested any, but its the latest hynix dt/d5 . if its anything like the d43 -d5 ive tested it probably only needs2.9-3.0 max. maybe even less cause its the newest revision

I'd thought I should ask since OCZ warranties it up to 3.1, or atleast that's what anandtech said in the review :x

I'm not trying to be a smart a** or anything, I'm really curious. Could they tell if you went over 3.15? Would there be some kind of evidence to show you exceeded warranty limits? Has anyone ever had to RMA due to overvolting and if so, had it denied?

good question unless they put micro fuses in line i dont think anyone could tell.. i think its a psychological barrier. plus most chips are rated for 3.5/6 max so there still is headroom. i betcha more ram fails from heat than overvoltage..of course heat is a product of voltage..

More than 2.8 volts won't help a thing and actually cause them to error out. They use ICs based on a .09 micron process that require a lot less voltage to get to spec.

Back