• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What s478 MB will hit 266 fsb 1:1 with ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roid

Registered
p4 2.4c (does 3.2 at 1.59v)
Got a gig of bh5 2x512 hyperx
fortron 400w psu(heavy as a cinderblock)

got a crap ecs board that will oc the cpu but not at 1:1 with the ram and has very limited voltage adjustments.

Are there any boards out there that will do 266 fsb 1:1 with memory without any serious modding?

My Abit AI7 will run 266 FSB using the 1:1 ratio with my Hyperram PC4200. But I have two pairs of RAM with BH-5 chips (KHX PC3200 and Mushkin PC3500) and neither will do 266 1:1 even with lots of vdimm. My BH-5 RAM will do 242-244 with 2-2-2-5 timings at 3.2v, but that's about it.

My Albatron (and two others just like it) would do 292 1:1 memtest stable with 2.95v actual to my Komusa Adata PC4200 chips at 3-7-4-4. This board overvolts by about 0.2v stock, as noted by a digital voltmeter on the DDR vreg termination point. Never had any BH5 to test with...

Nice, your Komusa A-Data Hyperram does a little better than mine. I can "only" get 283 to 285 MHz out of mine. Obviously, the timings are much more relaxed than with BH-5 RAM, but at those speeds, who cares?

Ok so you think its a no-go with my bh-5.I guess i'll stick with what I got then.
Thanks.

How high have you gotten your BH-5 RAM up to using the 1:1 ratio with that mobo Timings? Vdimm?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying most BH-5 RAM won't go higher than 250 FSB. If you pouring insane vdimm into them or just plain luck out with having wonderful sticks of RAM might allow higher overclocks, but that will be more the exception rather than the norm.

With the ecs mobo mas 1:1 is 220 fsb(max mem voltage is 2.7v).I had an msi 875p fisr refurb from newegg(sent it back arrived with dead ps2 mouse and keyboard ports) that got it to 235 2-2-2-6 timings at 2.8 volts.
Relaxed timings and more voltage made no difference the mobo would not post over 235 1:1 with this bh-5 or some geil ram I have so I think it was the mobo max.
I really have no clue what this ram may clock to on a good board with some decent voltage.
I may try it in my nf-7 to see what that can take it too.

Back