• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exos any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man_utd

I know most of you guys prefer to build your own systems, but I was looking for an opinion on the exos. I can get one for very cheap (60 with gpu, cpu, nb blocks) tubing, and the system, and was wondering if it was worth the money.

All opinions are welcome.

with cpu, gpu , and nb blocks, thats almost too much heat for it to handle

if your going to get it cheap, id still say build your own :(

$60 is wicked considering they're normally $200 without any blocks. Definitely get it.

It won't get you the temps DIY watercooling will get you but it's a big step up from aircooling. I'd ditch the NB block though. It won't do you any good, it'll just add heat to the loop, increasing GPU and CPU temps.

This will be for gpu/nb, and mosfets is I ever get around to fabbing a block. CPU is already on phase change.

QuikSilver said:
The best air cooler is better than crappy watercooling (most kits)...

Some aircooling kits pwn good watercooling kits for temps. My processor is idling 22C right now (its like 70F in here). I have a Zalman 7000CU with 15 fans, my computer is pretty silent. But, watercooling has its advantages and so does aircooling. Plus, I have a phobia of water being near a $1500 system ;).

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I have a phobia of water being near a $1500 system ;).
Then use fluidxp... totally non conductive, you could drench your system in it with no issues. Anyway, the Exos would be good for just the gpu/nb.

Will look into that. Have to see if there is enough room in the casing to fit 38mm fans.
I got it so cheap because I have been helping a friend with the calculations to make him a phase change. Now that he is just about done, he didn't need this anymore.

Back