• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worked on a couple waterblock today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Just the drill press part though, these are by no means finished, or even close to finished. But, I'm bored, and people should make thier own blocks more often.

These are (very loosely) based on the #Rotor design, but alot rougher. I still have to do the dremeling, and then either solder or use silicone sealant for the tops. Most likely Solder.

for size reference is an adapter that came with my 9700pro. My camera sucks.

Attachments

• PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 179
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 157
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 150
Aphex_Tom_9 said:
pretty 'rough'

I said they were, but I don't think it will effect performance all that much. More turbulence if anything.

Northwest Ohio? Do they mine around Lima or Toledo? Where'd you get those nuggets from?

:D, I'm tempted to buy you a camera so I can see a good representation of your blocks! :)

BTW: Nice efforts, I love to see DIY blocks with readily available tools. :)

Last edited:
I.M.O.G. said:
Northwest Ohio? Do they mine around Lima or Toledo? Where'd you get those nuggets from?

:D, I'm tempted to buy you a camera so I can see a good representation of your blocks! :)

Actually, I bought these nuggets off of Bender like, 6 months ago.

As fas as the camera goes, DOOOO IIITTT.

I'm so broke:(

Good to see someone doing diy blocks these days! I wish I had something to post for all you guys.

I would like to see some nonfuzzalized pics;) try focusing the camera or cleaning the lense:)

Jon

Looks good so far. If you plan to smooth out the inside try a dremal maybe?

Jfettig, that's about as good as my cam gets.

creepy, yea, that's what I plan to use. Did a little bit today, but didn't have all that much time.

The shoe looks good in the one pic, take a pic of the blocks at a greater distance and maybe we can get something out of it:p

is it a webcam? because I know those have a manual focus wich needs focusing

Jon

Looks umm, like something brown.

Get a disposable digital camera. You can hack it to make it re-usable.

JFettig said:
The shoe looks good in the one pic, take a pic of the blocks at a greater distance and maybe we can get something out of it:p

is it a webcam? because I know those have a manual focus wich needs focusing

Jon

I'll try that tomorrow, the batteries in my camera died. Man, this thing eats batteries like crazy.

Javascripterror said:
You were skull rotten drunk when you did that I reckon...... at least it looks like it.

No, but I'd be willing to bet you are.

SewerBeing said:
so how long did all the designing take you?? Is it gonna beat the G5???

j/k

looks good though, now install it and give us some temps you know you want to.

I gotta solder it all up still, and do the dremeling. Gonna be a while.

Last edited:
Back