• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquaxtreme running questions/problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I went home for turkey day this weekend and turned my rig off. All was well until I cam back and turned it back on. The computer fired up fine but my pump didn't start. Eventually got a temp lockup in windows after a couple minutes. I took the case side off, touched the pump, and it fired up fine. I suppose the power connector could be loose, but this is odd to me.

Other things that happen are if I catch some static from the carpet, then touch one of the screws on the housing of the pump, it shuts off, then turns back on after a second. I don't understand that, unless there's some sort of short circuit protection in the pump.

Anyone have any answers to these occurances?

Wonder if it has some type of internal ground fault protection, like in your bathroom or kitchen receptacles? Detects current flowing to ground and turns itself off? Typically, though, a GFCI device has to manually be reset. Does your pump support thermal overload protection? See what type of protection is offered.

Back