• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printscreen not capturing what I want (Winamp TV).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feydd

I've been using winamp to watch family guy recently, since their are now 3+ channels with it on 24/7. I've seen quite a few scenes that i've wanted to capture and use for an avatar/spray. The problem is any time I do a print screen, I get my desktop but winamp just has a black space were the show should be. So how would I go about capturing images from a streaming TV channel....would FRAPS work?

I've never tried FRAPS for getting screenshots for this kinda stuff, but if you have it, it's worth a shot. The problem comes from Winamp drawing the video onto an overlay instead of onto the "real" screen. To get the picture, you have to find a way of disabling Winamp's video overlays (I'd look for the option myself, but I'm away from home without Winamp :() in it's preferences.

JigPu

Back