• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next System - Reccomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah true, I suppose on a 15" monitor I wont notice a massive difference for the money spent. I was thinking of upgrading the SSD but then id planned to only have the OS on it, then put in the Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO I have already for the video editing stuff. Games id probably run of the 1TB HDD I don't think id notice much improved performance there?

Maybe I just save the money and don't upgrade anything?

A question though, I thought most monitors now had IPS? Is this just a sales technique to get me to spend an extra $45? I don't think id notice a massive difference?

I would get the 256 GB drive for the OS, 128 GB is just cutting it too close these days IMO.
And yes, absolutely keep your games on the SSD.

For photo and video editing it's very possible that you could notice a difference. The big improvement on an IPS screen when compared to a TN screen is color representation.

There it is then, a IPS screen and 256gb SSD.

Thanks for all your help, can't wait to get to New York now, will no doubt spend all day on the laptop though!

Oh god I know! and Phone shopping as I just realised my contract is up. Thinking of getting rid of the iPhone since I'm losing the Mac and getting a Samsug S6 :)

Back