• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap high quality mem for ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

i dont want to buy really expensive ocz ram or anything, but i do want decent speed and probably 2 sticks of 512mb. What can i get for really cheap but will help me overclock my 3.2E easily?

how much do you want to spend for 1gb? You can get the a gig of Patriot XBL tccd stuff for $220

its ddr 400 but since it has tccd mem chips u can push it pretty far. they probally sell it on a canadian online store but i dunno of any

its 2-2-2-5 at ddr 400 and it says on my label it can go ddr 533 i believe buti forget the timmings. They are made by pdp and you can buy em at newegg for 100 for 2x 256

Make sure to get the Patriot stuff with XBL technology as that is the one with TCCD chips on a brainpower PCB.

I wouldn't reccomend TCCD chips with an intel platform as sometimes they have issues.

Some others to look at OCZ gold EL 3700 as the OCZ gold series are designed for intels. I would also consider PMing Seanomatic as he's a great guy and could tell you exactly which ram would suit you best in the OCZ line.

Also since 4ghz only requires 250FSB with your 16x multi you could pick up some Muskin UTT blue and a OCZ DDR Booster for high speeds and ultra low latencys with some voltage.

geestring said:
those muskins are pretty cheap. That booster really necessary?

If you wan't to run high speed low latencies you need a booster for UTT ram chips. Otherwise they will only be worth about 210 at 2,3,3. Don't worry about the volts these are rated for 3.8 volts although after about 3.1v should probably have a ram fan.

Finally he has an Intel system why exactly is everyone pushing TCCD ram?

Back