• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

genjaguar

Well I can run my computer perfectly(Prime stable) at 240HTTx10 at 1.5vcore with ram at 1:1 at 2.6vdimm(could probably do lower) with timings of 2.5-4-3-7. I ran memtest for over 17 1/2 hours at 2.5-3-3-7 with a vdimm of 2.5 and vcore of 1.45 and everything else the same and it didn't have a single error.
When I try to run 3dmark05 it froze or gives me errors and is unstable in games. What would this mean?

Last edited:
Hello Mate,

-Are you running Prime according to the procedure in here? My point being have you set CPU priority to 10? Also, I hope you ran the blend test.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

-I would say 3DMark is a very good test of stability and is a better indicator of overall system stability than Prime95 alone. Your system is unstable unless it passes a majority of the tests prescribed in felinuz's guide.

Well, if you cannot run 3DM, I'd say your rig is not stable. Alternatively, this could be a software issue. You could try a clean reinstall of your drivers.

Well, memtest works very well, but its not always perfect. In conjunction with super pi 32M, you can get a pretty good idea of how stable the memory is.

Back