• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one of these should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

douglasb

I'm torn between two kits of 2x256 right now. One is Corsair XMS TwinX 2-3-2-6 rev1.2 (CH-5 I think) and the other is Geil Ultra Platinum PC3500, which I understand uses Mosel Vitalic 5ns chips if I'm not mistaken. My board is Abit NF7-S v2.0 and maximum allowed vDIMM is 2.9v without a booster. I could really use some help figuring out which one of these would be better for my setup.

dicecca112 said:
why the 2x256 and not another stick of 512 to use the dual channel?

Because I can get a better deal on the 2x256, and it would be dual channel. I scrapped the Corsair VS and am running 512 of Mushkin Black PC4000 right now. I guess I should update that signature, my rig is totally different now. Disregard the sig completely :p I should also add that I have 256 of Samsung TCCC already, and 1x256 of OCZ Gold, so am I better off keeping the TCCC and OCZ, or would the Corsair XMS or PC3500 be better?

Last edited:
Back