• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which M.2 1TB drive should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

HP EX950 M.2 1TB

or

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB

Benchmark comparison between the two

Alright, so it looks like these 2 drives offer just about the same performance, with the HP drive like 1% faster. So it seems that no matter which one I choose I will have made a great choice.

So, for me the choice comes down to which offers the better warranty and which offers the better software package?
***UPDATE*** Looks like the HP EX950 copmes with no software, just gotta find out if teh Adata XPG SX8200 Pro comes with any software

HP warranty: "HP covers the EX950 series with a strong 5-year warranty and a healthy dose of endurance for each model. The 512GB endurance rates at 320 TBW. That more than doubles for the 1TB model to 650 TBW and the massive 2TB model gets 1,400 TBW. HP didn't try to reinvent the wheel with the EX950 packaging. (MTBF) 2M hours."

Adata warranty: "XPG Gaming SSD are covered by a five-year limited warranty commencing from the purchase date" it looks like its rated at 640 TBW for the 1TB version, also (MTBF) 2M hours.

The warranties seems almost identical. Do any of you know which offers the better softwar package? Also, is there something about these warranties that Im missing?

Last edited:
Software is not important. Can cover that with any 3rd party soft. Also, there are series which don't have software at all like all new SSD based on Phison controllers. On Win10 there are no drivers required.
In this case, it really doesn't matter which drive you pick. Both are good with a long warranty so I guess take the one which is cheaper.

Both are quality brands with good track records and offer very good warranties. You're looking at 1a and 1b options.

I note that the HP has ever so slightly better write times while the Adata has slightly better read times. With all else being equal, I'd take faster write times myself.

I'm not even sure what software you could want with an internal storage device. To me that's a non-starter.

The software I was hoping for would help migrate data from my old SSD to the the new one. But after I posted this, I decided to go with the Adata drive. It was $10 cheaper.

There is tons of free programs to do that. Right now, I'm partial to the free version of Macrium Reflect. I'm not even saying that's the best one. That's just the one I used the last time I migrated data. That said, I often like to install fresh when I get a new drive. If you have a newer motherboard board that saves the Windows key in the CMOS, it's a real breeze.

mini tool partition wizard is free and will do what you want and a lot of other stuff as well.

Back