• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Bargain UTT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gro Harlem

Registered
Anyone have experience with this value ram:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227213

I've been reading about it on xtremesystems forums and it is apparently UTT 808, same exact chips that are used in the VX, but 70 dollars cheaper.

They are UNTESTED for the speeds VX are gaurenteed at and apparently the guys at OCZ say that 60% of all the chips they test pass VX speed tests (but don't get thrown into this batch, they get thrown into their other value lines).

i've been reading reports of people running 2-3-2 at 2.8v (which is as high as my current mobo will go) and 2-2-2-5 at 250-260 at 3.5v's. Some people are reporting errors at speeds higher than 220, but it seems ppl's errors go down as they burn them in longer.

Anyone here have similar results? At 113 shipped, it seems like the best deal out there. Low latencies, even for lower voltage mobo's at half the price!

I don't think that's the right stuff... the VX value ram has default timings of 3-4-4-8. You can get it at Atacom.com or Monarch.

They say its not tested, but Id like to think that it was the stuff that didn't make the cut to be Gold VX.

I got a set that would not run anything lower than CAS 3 even at 3.6v.

I then got some Gold VX 4000 and it runs 250 2-2-2 at 3.2v

Part #s:

OCZ400512WV3 / OCZ4001024WV3DC-K

That is the correct stuff. Timings were updated from 3-4-4 to 2.5-4-4 because they use the Winbond BH UTT, which is incapable of a CAS3 timings based on its architecture.

Talked to an OCZ representative. The tested VX chips that are rejected DO NOT make it to this line of modules, they make it to the premier line.

These modules are wholly untested which is why they are so cheap (Testing takes time which = money).

OverclockedMan said:
Part #s:

OCZ400512WV3 / OCZ4001024WV3DC-K

That is the correct stuff. Timings were updated from 3-4-4 to 2.5-4-4 because they use the Winbond BH UTT, which is incapable of a CAS3 timings based on its architecture.

cool... didn't know that..... not bad ram but my TwinMOS ram overclocks much better with less voltage.

HousERaT said:
cool... didn't know that..... not bad ram but my TwinMOS ram overclocks much better with less voltage.

the times he mentioned are the stock times.

This ram is basically unbinned VX chips which are rated at 2-2-2-5 stock.

Gro Harlem said:

Strange thing is the SPD is 3-3-3-8 even on my PC4000 VX.

if it runs 2-3-2 @ 2.8v thats ch-5 timings (well mine are that) so cant be all bad it being so cheap and all.

more companys should sell untested ram mainly because i cant afford expensive stuff right now and i want a gig of tccd for when i get a venice :shrug:

yeah its a gamble. I bought 2 sets of pairs (4 total) from newegg. I figure I have a good chance of getting two sticks that can test 2-2-2-5. the worst two I'll just RMA or sell on ebay or something

Yeah, these look like the ram I'm going to get. I read reviews at AndAndTech and some of them do 260 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 3.4v which is sweeet for Value Ram. !

Gro Harlem said:

Incorrect. OCZ VX utilizes Winbond CH based chips.
Here is the breakdown for clarification:

OCZ400512ELGE / OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K - Binned Winbond BH UTT (Fails are not sent into the winbond value product)

OCZ400512WV3 / OCZ4001024WV3DC-K - Unbinned Winbond BH UTT

OCZ400512ELGEVX / OCZ500512ELGEVX / OCZ4001024ELDCGEVX-K / OCZ5001024ELDCGEVX-K - Binned Winbond CH UTT

received my chips. Apparently they started printing "OCZ" on all of the chips now. It says UT808 on both chips.

I have no means to really test these at anything higher than 2.8 b/c i have a a7n8x but I'll still OC my 2100XP to 2700 specs using these, hopefully...although my timings will still probably be crap (definitely better than the crap micron i have now tho :( )

WHere did that OCZ rep go anyway? We had one that used to hang around on the forums.

Back