• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matttheniceguy

Hey guys. My sisters highly craptacular and compleatly un-roadsafe 84 Subaru is finaly headed to the recycling yard, so I ripped the heatercore out if it. It turned out to be pretty nice so I thought I would post something telling people that these are a good heatercore to grab.

It has copper fins and channels, with brass caps and fittings. The tube connections have a 5/8" OD. The fin area is about 7" x 5.5", and it is 2" thick. If you get it from a junkyard, the best removal method is to unscrew and remove the front part of the dash, and then just smash the airbox with a hammer. You have to take appart half the car to get it out otherwise, so smashing it is really the best (and most fun) option. Just be carefull not to smash the heatercore.

I'm making a propane single stage for my CPU (mmm propane, is there anything it does that isn't great?), but This thing will probably find a job cooling my 6800GT.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 111
nice, I was looking for a 5.5" wide H/C - my bonneville is 6' and touches the case, creating some sort of interference with video/sound cards... nice find!

What model Subaru is it?

1984 "SUBARU GL".. seriously, that seems to be the name of the car. It was a front wheel drive (I use the term drive loosly) two door. I would bet almost anything that all 84 subaru's will have exactly the same heatercore. Other modelyears will probably also have the same, or very similar.

Back