• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I find out how loud certain pumps are?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David Warner

Disabled
Well, summer is certainly upon us and once again, I will have to drop my over clock if the temperatures get too high. On a related note, my air conditioner and computer are on the same circuit breaker and concurrent use of both just doesn't happen. So I would like to think about water cooling but of course I am a noob to that (or I wouldn't have to ask stuff like this).

Well, anyway, one question that I have is how loud this is going to be. Right now, I have a bunch of fans in my case that are just about as loud as I can stand. If I could get quieter that would be a plus but the main goal is to have the kind of cooling that would allow me to continue to run a fairly high OC (Barton mobil at 2300 and 1.7 vcore ATM). It would be a real shame to have to bring that proc down by 200 or so mhz due to the weather.

OK, so you know the site that tells us how loud certain fans are?
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tecar.html

Is there a similar site for pumps? Or is there a site that at least provide some relative numbers for comparison?

Back