• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions please... W/C with chiller.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoX Freak

Hey all... I need a suggestion. I just shifted back to water because My case temps we're influencing (spelling) CPU temps, with some of the heat off the H/S recirculating in the case (weak fan setup). Even though i have 4 older Nidec temp controlled 80mm fans in the front (8 total, 2 in the PSU), The temps climb wildly and the TT Volcano11 with the sensor in the block couldnt keep up (fan would run 5300RPM continuously). So i went back to water on both the chipsets and GPU/CPU. Temps went from avg. 46º idle/51-52º load to 42º idle/47-48º load.
Question is, do i go back to my water fountain setup, which was a 1/2 gallon water fountain chiller which drops the temps below dew point at any setting, :shrug: , or do i use the old fridge setup, where i can set the water temp to a more manageable 65-70ºF?

Any Thoughts, other than the obvious, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
PoXie

I say always go colder so long as you don't mind insulating everything. I'm running a water fountain cooler too.

Back