• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do you find this odd for TCC5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
they passed memtest at 235 and im working on getting it prime stable.
but ive never seen tccd/tcc5 run tight timings so low.
3.06v and active cooled.
ocz rev2 plat v1.1

Nice work. There were some early results of some rare TCCD doing around 240 2-2-2. Looks like you've got yourself some lucky sticks. :thup:

Gautam said:
Nice work. There were some early results of some rare TCCD doing around 240 2-2-2. Looks like you've got yourself some lucky sticks. :thup:
TY! i thought it was a little odd but glad it seems it isnt a fluke.
cant get em over 255 tho but not sure its the rams fault.could be the cpu mem controller or chipset i dunno yet as i havent tested that much yet.
i have that hammer coming in a week or so and ill know more then.

also they respond great to voltage.ive taken them to 3.1v but a little chicken to go higher,

good read reefa! i miss alot of good stuff there as i stay busy enough just reading here :)
anyhow i think ill try some higher voltages.
i think i can pump 3.17v max due to my pc p&c line not going any higher.

i can get it rather stable in prime but wont run superpi. usually its the other way around for me.

I find my TCC5 likes voltage, 3.04v is the sweet spot. Above 3.1 i get instability and under 2.9v gives garbage clocks. Heres what I get with 3.04v:

314-1.JPG

Eldonko-those are some nice clocks.
im thinking i can get mine much higher than 250+ when i put the clawhammer in.
gautem has told me in another thread that nf3 ans the clawhammer have taken others with tccd/tcc5 upto 370 1;1

im thinking its my mem controller now stoping my high fsb mem clocks.it just seems unusual to do so well with tight timings and yet not do high fsb loose.

deathstar13 said:
Eldonko-those are some nice clocks.
im thinking i can get mine much higher than 250+ when i put the clawhammer in.
gautem has told me in another thread that nf3 ans the clawhammer have taken others with tccd/tcc5 upto 370 1;1

im thinking its my mem controller now stoping my high fsb mem clocks.it just seems unusual to do so well with tight timings and yet not do high fsb loose.
Thanks. I find with Rev E CPUs and TCCD/5 a ton of tweaking is necessary to get decent speeds. For the first week I had this TCC5 I couldn't get it past 284Mhz, but after many many hours of testing combinations of settings it is finally putting out the speeds I want. Drive strength, tref, dram response, and especially voltage basically have to be perfect to get best results.

uhhgg! now im gonna have to spend my day tweaking all 20+ options for the ram to get this 100% stable.
i like having those options,but one side of me hates them as its a never ending tweakfest just for 1 pair of sticks.
this was done with no tweaks just the usual cas and voltage stuff you see in the cpuz shot.
this wasnt even close to stable and matter of fact wouldnt even run windows a week ago.i let my machine fold all day and helped burn them in some.
they do run prime at these settings but has failed a few times.but wouldnt do superpi wich i find better for stability testing.if 32m makes a full run its windows stable imo.

Back