• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! I need a GeForce 7800 GTX Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I need a new waterblock for my new video card. Polar TT won't fit on it. Do you guys know of one that would fit on it. I need one soon as possilbe so i can get this finished and take some pictures of the final product and post them.

I can chime in on the Maze 4 as well. Awesome block. IIRC the 7800 uses the same mounting holes as the 6800.

There are 4 versions of the Maze 4. Two acetal (normal, and low profile for SLI), a brass top, and a chromed version. They all perform the same. The brass and the chrome versions are on the heavy side, but prettier than the acetal top. Although it is kind of hard to see a GPU block...

i was comparing the mounting holes on the both 7800 and 6800 and they both seem to be the same. so i was wondering the DD 6800 series would fit on it. if it would im definitly going for that. can i ask you guys to do me a favor. can you guy please take a look at them and tell me if they(mounting holes) are similar to each other or not and would the DD6800 would fit on 7800 or not. it would be really helpful.

I don't have a 7800 or I woudl be more than happy to. It does APPEAR that they are from looking at pics however. You could always call DD and ask them just to be safe. Oh, and don't forget to put some ram sinks on. I use the all copper ones from OCZ (they fit perfectly), I belive DD sells them as well. If you plan to go SLI in the futre, I woudl go with the low profile block btw.

The Maze4GPU waterblock is definatly going to be your best bet as of now if your going for a 1/2" or 3/8" cooling loop. DangerDen is working on a new revision of the NV-68 that will work with the new 7800 series of Nvidia video cards since the memory modules have been shuffled around. They should be available sometime in early August. The problem with a full sized waterblock on the 7800 series of video cards is that the memory modules are on BOTH sides of the card. Hence only one set of memory modules will be watercooled whilst the other set is air cooled. For now its best to stick with the Maze4GPU and some copper ramsinks. :)

I am planning going SLI in near future. but it is a bit expensive at the moment. i would need an entire new motherboard and new video card wich would come out around $850 and another block another $50. i hope i do as good (pay wise) as last month so i can have one soon. so you guys say i should go with the Mase4. but do you think i should go with the low profile one or the regular one.

i think i will wait till they get this stuff down. once they are done and ready for consumers then i guess ill buy it, till then i guess i'll just stick to stock cooling. or get me an vga silencer or something. every time i look at the video card temps they are 59 idle and 68 load it gets me a bit scared hoping my video card won't melt down or something. i know they are normal temps, but thinking about it gets me worried. it was the same with my cpu, but now that i chaged the water block i am satisfied with it. when my room temp is about 70-75f my my cpu idle temp is normally between 28-31c and load is just 5-7c more. you know something guys without you guys i wouldn't have been able to achieve my goal of water cooling. i would've prolly have stayed with phase change on cpu and air on the video, even thought phase is wow! i liked the looks of watercooling and its performance as well even thought it wasn't as great as phase. phase change cost me crap load of money and on top of that it killed two of my motherboards.

This is one problem that I am not likely to have in the near future! I sure can't afford a 7800. Money (or lack thereof) sure can be a pain, can't it?

I recently a response from DD saying the Acten Version of the GPU blocks will fit on the 7800. So if anyone out there looking for a block for 7800 GTX this might come in handly as well as it did for me too.

Anyone knows if the very original MAZE4GPU will fit 7800?

I've been using it on my X800XT-PE and would like to upgrade to 7800. If the block fit I'm going to buy in a heartbeat!

windwind said:
Anyone knows if the very original MAZE4GPU will fit 7800?

I've been using it on my X800XT-PE and would like to upgrade to 7800. If the block fit I'm going to buy in a heartbeat!

no, it doesn't fit on 6x00 series either. buy an acetal, chrome, or brass top with 6800 mounting hardware.

If you can wait, STASIS is coming out with a WATERBLOCK TO RULE THEM ALL!

How can I make such a claim? Here's a teaser on the latest specs...prototype pictures to be posted late next week for you nonbelievers.

-First consumer application of the newly developed horizontal (45 degree) jet impingement cooling setup.
-Copper baseplate, CNC machined to make contact with the RAM and GPU, then machine ground for flatness within .0001".
-Dimpled interior jet pockets.
-Dual Chamber Delrin Body. 100% Acrylic free, I promise!
-1/2" Pressure fittings.
-SLI COMPATIBLE!
-Cools FRONT AND BACK (yes, that means it includes a memory cooling water block for the back, likely to be integrated into the backplate mounting system)

Everything has been CAD developed and tested. Matlab flow tested - this design will have nominal head pressure loss. :thup:

Back